Coco DTW nutrient wizards???

LJFarming

I have a 6 light sealed coco DTW room.

I switched back to Jacks after 2 terrible grows with another salt nutrient line.

My pH is over 1.0 lower than what all my previous notes say running the same mix.

Im on well water and use RO water and it typically is about 7.5 pH and less than 20 ppm after going through the RO

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Plants look good but having to ad pH up has me scratching my head.

Current Nutrients

.5ml power Si mixing for 12 hours before
3.8 5-12-26
2.5. CalNit
1 MagSul

1ml. Mr Fulvic
1ml Drip Clean
2ml HydroGuard

I double check with 2 pH pens and calibrate 2 times per month at least. The EC is the same as my notes say but the pH as I said is significantly lower. I’m seriously mind F*%#&D over this.

Thank you for any insight!

Peace.

IMG_6351.jpeg

Sounds like your well water is fluctuating seasonly . If it’s 7.5 and 20 after RO the well water seems pretty hard which is why the RO isn’t able to pull everything out and because of that it’s leaving you with some hardness to the RO water which is the only reason you were able to balance it after adding food

With fluctuating wells it’s difficult to get consistent RO depending on how large the machine you’re running is

With RO you should ALWAYS have to add something to raise the ph because almost all nutrient lines will drop RO water into the low 5s/high 4s…most either use ph up or silica….with pure RO water 0 ppm I personally recommend a remineralization filter. With pure RO it adds about 60-70 ppm of calcium carbonate to the water and stabilizes the ph. I ran one for many years on an RO well and never needed to check ph

When you add nutes to remineralized RO it usually will balance to the perfect ph around 5.9-6 as long as your EC isn’t too high , you can then tweak your elemental ratios to adjust you to the right ph if it’s off without having to adjust ph manually

Some advice to help in short term , I’d remove the Mr fulvic out of the equation as I’ve used that and it bottoms out ph , very acidic . You may have better luck maintaining a stable ph without it

Sounds like your well water is fluctuating seasonly . If it’s 7.5 and 20 after RO the well water seems pretty hard which is why the RO isn’t able to pull everything out and because of that it’s leaving you with some hardness to the RO water which is the only reason you were able to balance it after adding food

With fluctuating wells it’s difficult to get consistent RO depending on how large the machine you’re running is

With RO you should ALWAYS have to add something to raise the ph because almost all nutrient lines will drop RO water into the low 5s/high 4s…most either use ph up or silica….with pure RO water 0 ppm I personally recommend a remineralization filter. With pure RO it adds about 60-70 ppm of calcium carbonate to the water and stabilizes the ph. I ran one for many years on an RO well and never needed to check ph

When you add nutes to remineralized RO it usually will balance to the perfect ph around 5.9-6 as long as your EC isn’t too high , you can then tweak your elemental ratios to adjust you to the right ph if it’s off without having to adjust ph manually

Some advice to help in short term , I’d remove the Mr fulvic out of the equation as I’ve used that and it bottoms out ph , very acidic . You may have better luck maintaining a stable ph without it
I really appreciate You taking the time to explain this bud! I will make the recommended adjustment first thing tomorrow! Again thank you for all of your help over the years! What you offer is always truth and knowledge from experience!

Peace

i hjad a top feed system years ago that got root rot. caused the ph to swing very acidic…… had to add a ton of ph up almost daily…..

Back