Basement terrarium

Demonsofdirt

Good day. I am going to get a journal started here. I have several different stages of plants and will do a post or two to get up to current day.

I am growing in “living soil” some mixed by myself following/inspired by Coots recipe, some in a couple different blends of Vermont Compost mixes (Fort Vee and Fort Light for seedlings Jolly Roger for flower), and also some seedlings in Bio365 BioAll.

I do some ACT teas with and without OG biowar, I have just introduced some Bokashi earthworks products in the last couple weeks, and I try and water in fresh aloe to everything once a week.

In the current “veg tent” I have three 45gallon smart pots that have about 35gallons of soil in each. In those I have three clones that made it from this current flower cycle. I had all of them backed up but I had two different small electric heaters run wild in my cold basement on two occasions and torched the clones. IMG_5220.jpeg

The only three survivors are the ones plugged in now and it’s been a rough go. There is two phenos of Purple Lush and one Black Triangle. The black triangle is really staring to thrive and dig in. She is also pretty special in flower so I am excited to get some healthy clones off her and get her into flower again.

Black Triangle todayIMG_5571.jpegIMG_5565.jpeg

Flowering I have three phenos of purple lush, one blunicorn, one chemistry, and one black triangle. They are starting week seven.

There are also two super lemon nasty, two miracle cookies, two miracle glue, one Flambanger, and one ice cream banger that just finished their first week of flower.

IMG_5572.jpeg

Miracle cookies IMG_5550.jpeg

Blunicorn (I believe it to be purple unicorn x blue bonnet) 7weeksIMG_5560.jpeg

Chemistry (motorbreath 15 x headbanger) 7weeksIMG_5562.jpeg

Black Triangle (triangle kush x 88g13hp) 7weeksIMG_5559.jpegMy hair in it really ads to the beauty.

Purple Lush (lush x purple unicorn) 7weeks this is my favorite pheno and of course not the one I have backed up. There are a couple others I’ll be revegging so this may end up there also. IMG_5561.jpeg

Up potted 25 of the Volta crosses and culled visible males. There are still some smaller plants that are not showing sex and some that I am on the fence about. The ones that got new shoes were showing nothing at all or looking female.

I also put down some compost and a layer of rice hulls as a mulch layer on the big pots. IMG_5641.jpegIMG_5642.jpeg

I decided to call it at 62 days for the four plants that came down today. They definitely could have gone a little longer but the flower tent was getting cramped and I haven’t been seeing much of a change over the past couple weeks. I also will be trying to re veg three of the four that I don’t have backed up.

Black Triangle
IMG_5665.jpeg

Chemistry
IMG_5667.jpeg

Bluinicorn
IMG_5669.jpeg

Purple Lush
IMG_5671.jpeg

These are the three I am going to try and save. I’ve had good luck over the years so I am pretty confident with some time and patience they will come back around.
IMG_5673.jpeg

Flower tent is doing good and one of the Miracle Cookies is throwing down some serious frost early on. There are some others that are starting to get but not close to what she is displaying.
IMG_5674.jpeg

The large veg tent will probably go another week before it gets the flip. I need to take clones of the three bigger plants and do another sex check on the smaller ones. The black triangle is in the back left corner and is extremely impressive with amount of growth.
IMG_5676.jpeg

3.5weeks and looking pretty good overall. Nothing too wild on the nose but they are setting some serious frost. IMG_5719.jpeg
Miracle cookiesIMG_5720.jpeg
The black triangle is really something that I keep on becoming more and more fond of. She just packs on size in veg and I am finally able to sample some of the flowers from the previous run. The smell makes me smile and it smooth. Tastes good and I am liking the buzz. I am really looking forward to taking some serious cuts off this bush and running more of her in the future. She is about 3’x3’
The rest of the veg tent is all looking pretty happy with the two Purple Lush phenos in the back of the Volta Fiore crosses.
IMG_5717.jpegIMG_5718.jpeg

Here are a couple that got trimmed up today. I have been testing some bong rips but looking forward to twisting these up to really see how they do.

Purple Lush that is smelling and tasting pretty damn good. Not the prettiest but also they were not happy looking plants. IMG_5722.jpeg

Black triangle tester branch that came down a week before the rest of the plant. She really is winning over my heart. Easy to trim, looks nice, tastes nice, and nice buzz. Not sure what else it needs to check for boxes but I have a feeling I’ll be keeping her around for some time to come.

You can see on the bud most to the right and how it just wraps around the stem with tasty little dense morsels.
IMG_5724.jpeg

Last edited:
Back