Experienced Beginner 2022

Chunga

I have grown 20+ years in various forms & stopped about 4 years ago. I am back in the saddle but I'm a beginner all over again. I just purchased all new LED fixtures for both veg & flower rooms and will be documenting my trials & errors.

Before I shut down from growing I took my few remaining cherished strains & reversed the sex on a (Sour Diesel x Trainwreck) x Super Silver Haze and dusted my Arcata TrainWreck,Ultimate ChemD & SDTW x SSH to preserve the genetics. They've been stored in the fridge for years and I just got a 10 for 10 germination rate. I will be running these in coco.Not much to look at right now but it feels fan-fucking-tastic to be growing again.

attachment.php

Awesome! Good luck with those seeds.

Starting seeds under a brand new (untested by you) LED fixture is BALLSY! LED fixtures are often brighter than they seem to the eye, so keep an eye on those seedlings to make sure they're not getting overcooked. Does that fixture have a dimmer?

Thanks [MENTION=3834]180[/MENTION] Yes it has a dimmer, am running it at suggested output but the fixture a little higher than recommended. The veg fixture is a Spider Farmer SF4000 450W. They're just poking their heads thru the coco this morning.
The seeds were sprouted in paper towel (not my preferred method) so that I could monitor the viability of the seeds more easily. Once they started sprouting I filled the pots with coco, planted & watered with a little Fish Shit

Sweet, this should be a great thread! With the light up off of them like that they’ll be rocking and will be feeding hard in no time. I’m gonna get some of those (Sour Cali x SSH) x Ultimate Chem popped once the cuts from my latest seed starts root.

[MENTION=3329]hererisssh[/MENTION] I've seen some monster yields from that cross. The Ultimate Chem used was Elite's Ultimate Chem 08 crossed with Chemdog D by Kid Twist. Kid also states he traced Elite's cut & it was supposedly an S1 of Loompa's cut.He had me do a grow & show thread on a forum back then so I ended up pollinating a plant with the reversed Sour Cali
I haven't grown them out myself since I still had my Trainwreck & Ultimate Chem mothers at that point. Starting from scratch again

First, those crosses sound amazing - good luck and can’t see how they do for you. For some unsolicited and possibly wrong advice, I would turn down the LEDs until they get a little bigger. When I first switched to LEDs I had serious bad luck in the m/f ratio and basically got all males on close to 20 beans that were at least 3 strains. I had too much light in the space (that one didn’t have a dimmer) and after swapping it out for a light that was suited for that tent my ratios went back to normal. The LEDs they make now are no joke.

Glad to see the lights back on, always fun after a long break.

Thanks [MENTION=2658]Olday[/MENTION] I have them dimmed to 35% and the distance away from top of pot to light is 28 inches. Instruction book suggests 22 inches away at 40-60% so I believe I am playing it safe,time will tell. These are feminized seeds but I will definitely be keeping my eye on the male count the next few grows. I have several new packs of seeds purchased recently where I hope find some worthy males to cross with these.

Haven't seen you since the old days at TCG (I had a Dif name there)

Got it, I also had to take some years off but the lights have been on for a few years now and the stash box is looking great. I will have some new crosses (also fem from reversing) in about 4-5 weeks - 332 crosses (project of mine with Michoacán x (skunk haze x ghost og) that I’ve been really happy with. In addition to S1s I crossed to Ace’s Killer A5 haze and Bandaid Haze 7 so lots of heavy hitting Sativa leaning goodness if your interested.

Thanks [MENTION=4224]digger[/MENTION]
Looking good so far after getting their first feeding

Attachments

• Sour Cali Trainwreck seedlings.png
    Sour Cali Trainwreck seedlings.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Everything is greening up & I haven't cooked any plants yet. Plants all appear uniform. Now it's time start stacking nodes

Attachments

• Plants may 24 2022.png
    Plants may 24 2022.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
[MENTION=4224]digger[/MENTION] The fan leaves look exactly as in the pic above /same pic I put in the POTM thread. The stems are notoriously floppy and the plant needs major support which is actually where the plant gets the Trainwreck name from. At end of flower it looks like a pile of buds. Many growers hate this strain because of this. Yes the strain comes from the Emerald Triangle and stories say there was a train wreck near there,or the strain Wrecks you which is not where the name came from. The high smacks you in the head right behind the eyes and stays....then 15 mins later the body high creeps in & numbs the legs. It just hits all the right cylinders for me like nothing else. I no longer have the Trainwreck cut as I lost her several years ago but this strain is a very close resemblance and the Sour D adds to the mix.

Last edited:
Back